Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting close

So I took a few weeks off. Work is busy, I was a bit burned out after putting in alot of time over the summer, and there is a real hesitation to FINISH as I dread finding out what is going to break first. But I'm over all that now and making the final push.


Rudder w/ tiller handle, extension and pintels/gudgeons all in place






Boom, gooseneck, mainsheet blocks and bridle done






Piles of halyards ready to be fished through the mast which has spreaders finished and halyard sheaves all cut in


The punch list:


run halyards and measure sails to be cut down


pour lead keel bulb and attach to keel


get keel into boat and beef up keel box



GO SAILING......hopefully only a few weeks away at this point!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,

    I understand your anxiety about breaking something. I think all of the i550s in the water have broken something along the way. But if you don't break something once in a while, you probably didn't build it light enough.

    Your boat looks great.

    Ron Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what happened. The door has been down for a couple of weeks! Looks like a lot of progress for sure. Hope to see you soon buddie!

    ReplyDelete