Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thought one: pour in solvent to melt it.....but every thing I tried (including walking around the hardware store openning every type of nasty chemical I could lay my hands on and dripping some over a sample) proved that this is PETRIFIED foam.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Finally, I got a coat of non-skid on the cockpit floor. The boat is going to look real nice when finished!!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
(Should have wiped down the sides for the glamour shot...oh well....)
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Mast step started:
They look awesome and serve as a nice reminder that it is a wooden boat after all.
I also got started on the spreader brackets which I am fabricating. I hope that fiberglass brackets against an aluminum mast is ok. (I understand that carbon fiber against aluminum is a bad idea......any input here is welcomed!)
It feels great to get in a couple of solid hours rather than just 1 or 2 here and there. I need to quit my day job.....(just kidding Molly).