Saturday, November 13, 2010

LAUNCH DAY!

The boat got wet today! I have named it Carbon Offset....because it is SOO green!!


Rigging up

Me and Molly on our maiden voyage



My favorite pic of the day, BOYS ROCK BOAT



A virgin touches the water




Another view

I grabbed some dacron sails while I get the Melges 20 sails altered. I am looking forward to a little more breeze next time out.

Huge thanks to John P who helped throughout this project. It was really nice to have him along for the first trip out today.

I am EXHAUSTED!! I will summarize the numbers in the next blog entry (dollars spent, hours spent etc.)

Finally, I can't thank Molly and the boys enough for putting up w/ my crazy project over the last year...you are SOOOO awesome!! Thanks

Good night!

Ben

4 comments:

  1. Ben, she's a beautiful boat. It looks like she sits on her lines perfect! So great to see you on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! Ben that is awesome. The boat looks great, and looks like it sails well too. Must've been sort of tense putting it in the water for the first time, and hoping it floated!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy,

    just read your post today and I am thrilled to see that your boat is now sailing. Way to go dude! You have inspired me a great deal. Hopefully splashing of my boat will happen soon enough ! We still have to mmet each other in the middle of the ocean so I can pay you a well earned beer !

    ReplyDelete