Tuesday, December 28, 2010

More to do



It's been awhile. But it's not like I haven't been busy.

I do want to race PHRF and that requires a certificate, which in this neck of the woods, requires a minimum of 19' and 400 lbs of ballast.....so I have been expanding the boat.


First, I have created the molds for the additional lead. 6 bricks at 40 lbs apiece should get me to the weight I need. I just hope the extra lead doesn't blow through the bottom of the boat!!






Second, I am working on a bolt on stern/suger scoop. I am building off a plan Chad of Knot Racing created. It is coming out pretty well.









Here it is w/ the first layer of glass.




Finally, I got out sailing again with the new sails. They still require some minor tweaks, but work brilliantly....sorry all, I don't have one picture....BIG mistake, but I will rectify that soon!!!


Happy Holidays!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wha? My plan? I thought that was from Brant in SF? I recall we discussed it a little, but that beauty is all yours now, I'd say! I'll probably even copy it a bit if I ever try to get a So Cal cert....

    Good luck with the PH folks, and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete