Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lots of progress.....

My good friend John Perault spent a huge chunk of time helping me this weekend. He quickly diagnosed the PRIMARY problem that I have run into recently...and it didn't haveto do with the boat. I was stuck in "FIDDLEFUCK" mode! It is so easy to get far too involved in over thinking this thing. John would have none of it. We got a ton done.


First, a picture of the shop in full on disaster mode!



All of the bunk supports are sorted, epoxied and ready for bunks, which are cut and ready to go in.


I started the process of epoxying the interior. Amazing how it all cleans up with an even coat epoxy. I am going to finish the interior in neat epoxy for the time being. I like the look, and although paint hides alot of flaws, I want people to see what I have done, warts and all.

























And we got the chain plate gussets set up. I hope to glass these in tonight.



This is the pace I was working at until I started fiddling with the keel foil. That really stalled me. There is almost nothing that you can do so wrong that it can't be ground out and fixed if you do it badly. The point is, and I say this for my own sake as well as those reading and thinking of building, is JUST GET TO IT!! I want to be sailing this spring...not fairing and futzing!

Thanks so much to John.....MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Advil and beer...........ahhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Man you're moving really fast now ! Amazing how quickly you got your boat together. Congratulations. By the way, from the pictures (frame 110)İ just realized that you are going for the normal version and not the extended cockpit. Any specific reason ?
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete