Monday, March 1, 2010

Prayers answered.....

The keel pulled out of the sleeve w/ minimal resistance....YEAH! SO that part just needs to be cleaned up, some fillets added for cosmetics as much as anything, and I am about done with it. I am also thinking of adding some thwart support to the top of the box (hardwood 1"x1" at the front and back of the keel box joining that to the bunks) once the bunks are in just for good measure.


Tonight I set up the base of the compression post. Again, left over material from a kitchen remodel came in handy. I had helped a friend install some maple butcher block counter tops. The off cuts are the right size to help carry the loads at the base of f89, which I tripled up. I haven't bonded everything in yet so any advice/observations can still be used!


No comments:

Post a Comment