Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bulkheads DONE!

This was no minor feat. I have now placed, wire tied, patch epoxied, pulled ties, filleted and taped all the bulkheads. The boat is stiffenning up nicely. Here are some shots of the finished product:





I am happy with the way it came out.

I am now in "head scratching" mode as I begin to lay out what the internal stiffners/longitudinal stringers will look like. Up to this point I have relied soley on the plans and build instructions. With this next step, there is a great deal of room for personal interpretation. The big trade off is stiffness vs. weight. I also get into a "horse before the buggy" scenario: I need to finish the keel in order to make the keel sleeve, in order to make the keel box, in order to get frame 110 in. Then the bunk supports go in and the longitudinal stringers go in. So as tempting as it is to start doing the stringers, I really need to finish fairing the keel.

No comments:

Post a Comment