Monday, January 4, 2010

100 HOURS!!!



It's been awhile since I posted. The holidays slowed me down some, but I am also trying to stay ahead of a flu bug that keeps threatening to stop me altogether. I take it easy for a day or two, then feel better, get back out in the shop at night, and feel like crud the next day.......rinse, repeat........but I have hit 100 hours build time so far.


I have all the bulkheads in place as of tonight. It all looks pretty good. The bow flares out near the front of the boat more than the plans call for (by 1/2" or so per side) which worries me less than the option....pushing in too hard creating hollows at a minimum and cracking ply at worst. Here is the picture:




I also want to thank Gordon for coming by and helping out. Here he is enjoying fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. (Those would be compliments of my wife.)



I'm feeling pretty healthy so I'm optimistic that I'll get the bulkheads tabbed, filleted and glassed in the next week or so.


2 comments:

  1. Ben -

    Two things:

    1. You're doing it! This is awesome! How much help do I need to give to get a ride when it's done? I'm not much of a boat builder, but I can do rigging, and I do follow instructions pretty well.

    2. Nice blog! I'm definitely adding it to my bookmarks, and I'll be following your progress.

    --Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. BennyDoo,

    It was so great to see you man. I feel like I've missed out on a lot. But you know when you need the help. I'll take the instruction. And you know the "beer-o-meter" always goes up when I'm around. I'm here to help. See you soon.

    Don

    ReplyDelete