Monday, February 15, 2010

$%#@@&*^^%$#@#$



Three day weeknd LOST!




I would be telling half truths if I didn't preface this with the fact that we had a GREAT trip to the snow w/ family friends the Links. I really enjoyed watching Mickey AND Molly snow board for the first time, and JP had a ball running around after us all. He also really loved the snow caves.




The boat suffered! Not only did I not get to spend much time on it, but the time I did spend was a complete (fill in your own explitive here) waste.




The keel foil was looking pretty good and fair. I had seen a post awhile back about using a final coat of chop strand matt and some myler to create a real nice finish. I would love to blame the directions offered, but in the end it was operator error. I simply didn't get enough resin into the mix, the mylar didn't lay flat, and the whole thing is a big ol CF.......I also don't want to post the picture, but what the heck...here's to FUGLY:



I can see where this COULD work out nicely....jut not this time around.
Hey, nothing that some 80 grit won't fix!


And some shots of the better part of the weekend:





1 comment:

  1. First of all, great looking family.
    Second, İ love your honesty ! İ know its difficult to assume one's mistakes but hey, that's what really helps others going. As sure as mistakes will happen, they can all pretty much be fixed. İts all a matter of time !

    ReplyDelete