Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Friday night SMACKDOWN.....on Wednesday



Tonight I epoxied in the bow timber. Others have blogged about how that piece of wood tends to slip as you clamp it into place. (The bow, looking down at it from above, comes together at a point. As you clamp the sides together, the tendancy is for the bow piece to squirrel back into the boat). Well, it does! After tapping then beating it forward to where it belongs, I finally drove 2 screws into the front of the bow piece so I coul pull it forward. This worked well. I was also using plastic wire ties which I found would break under a smaller load than the copper wire I had been using. Copper wire (12 gauge) is good....plastic wire ties, mediocre. But after a sound beating, the whole piece succumbed, and I am pleased with the outcome. I will put a layer of glass on the inside, and the outside will eventually be wrapped as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment