Tuesday, December 22, 2009

S-T-R-E-T-C-H.....



Tabbing the entire bottom panel in one go was a big stretch, but I got 'er done before the epoxy got too thick. I mixed a 10 shot batch (the epoxy and hardner is a 2 part system and must be mixed correctly. The pumps that come with the "system" allow you to pump once from each container to get the right mix, or multiples thereof........so I pumped 10 times each. The problem is 2 things happen when you mix bigger batches. One, because the epoxy "exotherms" or gets hot and begins to kick, a large volume will begin to feed off it's own heat and start actually smoking and bubbling. Second, the more you mix, the longer it takes to work all that epoxy.) I split the batch into three small containers first to slow the self anhilation process. Second, I cranked up some rock and roll and GOT BUSY! The last few tabs were a bit hard to work, but it all looks alright. Here are the results:






No comments:

Post a Comment