Friday, June 11, 2010

Inadequacies.....

It's all coming together nicely...BUT.....

I can't get a decent photo of where I think I may need to fair more and what is right, but here are some shots of the spots I did fair:








The photos do not tell the story. I think I need to fair more, but fortunately I have Chad and Brandt showing up tomorrow from North and South to exchange a C-Tech rig, and I will see if they think I am woefully under faired, or if it is time to lay glass and be done with it.




Also, I found that I am as short of cloth as I was of epoxy. Would be nice if the "Glass and Resin" kit was adequate. I don't think this is my over use of product as much as the
fact that there just isn't enough product in the kit to complete the boat.



That is just a product of being an "early-adopter" and not a huge deal. I am off to TAP Plastics tomorrow AM to get more matt before my fellow i-Crate builders arrive.

I also had a long conversation with Jerome of the Open 5.70 today (www.opensailing usa.com) about PHRF and sportboats in general. You gotta like a guy who is so into the sportboat class, and not just his own design, that he is willing to help advocate for a rating for us. This guy is one classy dude!!
He does think I may be a bit "over-canvassed", and I have to agree that on the SF Bay this boat, with the sail plan I have in mind, may be more than a handful. But I want to be class legal when other i550's show up, so going to a heavier bulb is a BIG diversion.

I think I need to sleep on all this. BIG day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment