Monday, June 7, 2010

Long Board Blues

SOMEONE has written this song somewhere sometime......I love getting a piece of wood JUST RIGHT, but long board fairing is miserable work. It doesn't help that it was 90 degrees in Sacramento today. I am turning all the lights off and shining a light along the hull to see where I need to bog and sand next. And there is always SOME spot that needs more work.



My good friend Don came by tonight to help.



I love this picture. I was fully gloved, and spreading the gooey love, took one glove off to run inside and grab the camera to have Don's gal Erica take a picture of us both working. I came out, handed Erica the camera and jumped back up on the boat. This is picture was taken the moment that I realized I had just grabbed the sticky end of a spreader that Don just handed me..without a glove on.......AND dipped my shirt into epoxy at the same time....I love boat building!!!

Now back to more long boarding.

2 comments: