Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gulliver, green and and over she goes....

I put 3 coats of green on. By the time I did the 3rd coat the coverage was much improved as was my technique. I can still see a few flaws but I think I am pulling a Gulliver. In Gulliver's Travels, when he finds himself in the land of the Big Poeple, Gulliver is sickened by their appearance. He is so small he can see every pore on the face of the folks he is looking at. I think I am simply too close to this thing and I am seeing flaws that will not be noticable to anyone else.
And the fairing that I did came out SWEET!


So with the bottom painted it was time to round up a bunch of folks and roll the boat back upright. Thanks to John, Rob, Don, Kellan, Lupe, and Eric (and I am missng someone as I know we had seven.....) who showed up to help ona Saturday afternoon in the 100 degree heat. With that many folks it was fairly easy. Only had 2 guys stick their hands on fiberglass splinters...NASTY! Sorry guys.




And tonight I put the fairing/float coat on the top sides.







More sanding, then prime, sand, paint and it is time to rig!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is looking awesome ! You can be proud of your build ! I will try to follow your footsteps.
    Just one question : did you end up spraying the last coats or did you finish with roll and brush ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. spray....60 psi and a top load spray gun and medium size compressor....nothing fancy...early morning is best as no bugs or wind.

    ReplyDelete