Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christmas in August!!



The PRIMARY activity this weekend was cleaning out the garage. Fairing and sanding generated a fine patina of dust on EVERYTHING in the garage, that generally found its way into the house despite my best efforts. Molly has been very supportive of the build, but the last 2 months of sanding have...well, let's say, "tested her patience". So while she was out Saturday with some friends (on a pub crawl no less!) the boys and I took everything out of the garage, then blew it off or washed it, and put it back in the garage. It was an 8 hour marathon, and they were troopers! I am still beat tonight, but it was worth it. You know the saying, "if momma ain't happy....nobody's happy"! Well, momma is happy again!


I also got the sails I purchased in the mail this weekend. They are Quantum second hand sails from a Melges 20 owned by Michael Kiss. The head will need to be cut down a bit on the main and the jib, minor surgery. The spinnaker should plug right in. This will leave the boom a bit long for class sailing, but I am not seeing another i550 in my neighborhood anytime soon.


More presents showed up in the form of the Ronstan hardware kit I ordered from Watershed. Very exciting to have the "boat bling" in my hand to start placing pieces!!!!

Finally, I got a coat of non-skid on the cockpit floor. The boat is going to look real nice when finished!!

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo, who's got a sexy hul, sails, hardware etc then Hey ? Don't ever bring it to Aust you'll show us all up. Mighty fine effort Ben :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful boat ! Did you use the Kiwi Grip stuff ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. used west marine "interdeck" I think is what they call it...nit super agressive, but should suit just fine.
    thanks!
    bd

    ReplyDelete