Saturday, August 21, 2010

what I can and can't do......



Here is the mast base and halyard organizer (what I can do)......






And the standing rigging I ordered (swaged, which I can't do......)








Just about all the parts for the mast are done.....may assemble tomorrow! This won't be the lightest mast in the fleet....but should come in under 40 pounds all up. Hopefully that doesn't wreck the "righting moment" equation (in other words, I hope the mast isn't so heavy it tips the boat over by itself!). But I will feel confident sailing it around SF Bay, which is worth ALOT in and of itself!

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! It's getting closer and closer. Midwinter racing to start out, possibly? It's a good way to start. Good call on the swaged rigging - it's definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete