Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! radius and foam dust......






So the planer made quick work of getting the radius' close:



And then my single most favorite tool in the shop, my PorterCable variable speed random orbital sander got them to within hand sand tolerance:





I need to tweak in some spots. I did lose a few pieces of foam where the edges get thin. I crawled into the belly of the beast again and added a few tabs behind those spots, including one that was far enough back I could only just barely reach it......and no way I could see what I was doing. Molly was kind enough to come out and eye ball it for me!

And she made some awesome enchiladas for dinner.

Note to self: wearing a dust mask after enchiladas is a bad idea unless you really enjoy enchilada burps.........

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I hope mine turn out so well.

    And chili burps into a mask are just as "special"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Love it, and I reckon you definitely got yourself some 240volt tools going now

    ReplyDelete