Thursday, May 13, 2010

Soft White Underbelly.....

(2 points if you can name the referenced band's REAL name.....)

So the underbelly of the cockpit has all the glass it's gonna get.

A shot whole enchilada:



Fillets and tape on the stringers under the cockpit sole:




4" bi-axial at the junction of the sole to the coskpit sides:



Layer of 6 oz cloth under the foam for good measure:



A couple of notes. The biax WILL take an outside curve (remember that inside my cabin I wasn't real pleased w/ the way the biax wrapped around the deck to cabin side seem, inside the boat it was an outside bend...if that makes any sense). I used plastic carrier sheet to hold it down, and faired the wood into a nicer curve under the tape. The tape looks great tonight....we'll see tomorrow.



Also, it is AMAZING how stiff those 2" and 3" stringers are when beefed up with a fillet and tape....they are simply BOMBER.....and light. I say this now. I may be cursing those words when they start to pop as some 280 lb rail guerilla lands hard in the cockpit mid broach.....time will tell.


I'm off for a few days for a GUYS weekend....(white water rafting Class IV Saturday, meat and cigars Saturday night, mountain biking Sunday) with a group of old buddies. I'll be back, clean this mess up and maybe flip and trial fit on Sunday night.....if I'm not to gassed.

1 comment: