Monday, May 24, 2010

In the belly of the beast

I took a deep breath and decided it was time to finish (most of) the interior. The forward stringers under the foredeck needed fillets and tape. The compression post needs to be installed. The chain plate gussets need to be taped to the deck. The cockpit needs taping. All of this is nasty, dark, cramped, dusty yucky work and I am just going to spend the week getting it done.



Not much to photograph, just use your "minds eye" to see me hunched over, dust mask on, trying to keep long lengths of epoxy infused cloth off of me and in the right places where one can almost reach. My butt has a random bruise from sitting on some stringer for too long last night, I have gobs of epoxy in what little hair I have left and my neck is most comfortable when I hold my head about 10 degrees to port.....maybe THIS is why I haven't chosen boat building as a profession.



It is all coming along nicely though, and my hope is that I will be ready to flip the boat over this weekend. I think I will get the topsides mostly fare, but not worry about primer and/or paint until I get the bottom done.

Since I have nothing to photograph myself, I will leave you with one of my favorite sailing pictures ever....courtesy of Sailing Anarchy:

1 comment:

  1. that photo is actually one of the boats from my yacht club, called "Belle" and i think for memory they were coming out of southport bar, or widebay bar. impressive photo none the less!

    ReplyDelete